Sunday, February 28, 2010

#2 Open Topic (freewrite, 10 minutes)

For this freewrite, write about anything you want to write about. If you don't have something in mind, just start a new document and start typing. See where the writing takes your thinking.

I like to use different guitar picks when I play guitar. For a very lng time I used the paul gilbert Ibanez picks. They have a smaller shape than normal picks and they have cool sketches by paul gibert on both sides of the pick. One side has his signature whiel the other side has some cartoon character. I used these for a whiel but they were not very durable because of the material. I think they were cellulose picks or something similar. They wore out very fast and the tip became very dull and jagged easily. Now I use pickboy picks. They are normal shaped not as small as the paul gilbert picks, but I prefer that right now. they are probably the highest quality picks I have ever used. They have somewhat cool graphics. I prefer the glossy graphics because they remain on the pick longer. I have some picks with matte graphics and those tend to smear and smudge and get all over yoru finger. The best feature of the pick is its durability. It is made of celltex. I think its good because it doesn’t slip out your fingers and after long periods of playhing the pick still looks new. The tip is not dull or jagged at all. I used to go trhough picks fast, but I feel that these pickboy celltex picks last a lot longer. The only downside is that they are kinda hard to obtain. They have to be imported from japan. However, recently there have been some US based stores that carry the picks, but they only come in huge packages like 50 pack box of picks. This is ok for me, but I prefer if the packages were smaller so that I could have a wider variety of graphics on my picks. This is a minor detail, but its always fun to play with different graphics on picks. My favorite pickboy graphic is the abalone looking shiny heavy metal cross on a black background. My other favorite graphic is the American flag with a white background

No comments:

Post a Comment