Sunday, January 31, 2010

#4 Current Major and Career Goals (freewrite, 10 minutes)

What are your current career goals? Why are these your goals? How will you get there? Write about your current major(s) and minor(s). How do these fit into your plans? Where do you see yourself in 5, 10, 15 years (career and otherwise)?

My short term goal is to finish this semester so that I can take 1 more class in the summer and finally get my degree. Ive been in school for a whiel andi took a break to decide what I really want to do. During the break I did not totally stop going to school, but instead just reduced the amount of credit I was taking. Now im done breaking and im back in school ful time and I still don’t know what I want to do, but I know that I want to finish. My career goals are unclear at the moment. I am considering physical therapy schooling because my friends mom is a physical therapist and I think she enjoys her job. I have shadowed her at work a long time ago probably 5 years ago. It seemed like she had a lot of freedom and a low amount of stress at her job. It looks like a rewarding job that is stable ssince it is in the health field. I like how she can see results in her work. She often sees her patients recover and this is probably motivational to her. Another career goal I have is to work with nature. I like nature a lot so it would be nice to work outside somewhere in the mountains or forest. I am attracted to mountain landscapes. They look very peaceful. I like the colors you can find in mountainous areas. The earth tones are very calming. My other career goal is to become a guitarist. I love music. Its very important to me. I always listen to music every single day all day. Steve vai is a big influence to me Im not sure whether this is a career goal or just a hobby because it can be very ahrd supporting yourself in the music industry. I also love fashion. Im interested in vintage workwear, military, and mountaineering/hiking style clothes. I like the aesthetics behind it and how the cltohes are so tough and full of character. They do not have to look pristine at all, if you wear out the clothes its even better you can patch up holes with anything laying around. If a button falls off you can replace it with another button that is a different color and it would still be cool. I don’t know how to get started in this field at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment