Sunday, January 31, 2010

#3 One Significant Person or Significant Event freewrites and expand it (freewrite, 10 minutes)

Choose one person or event from the previous freewrites and expand the information and details about this subject. Try to remember every single concrete detail as if you were a video camera to the past. Try to remember how everything felt and any connections you make/made or epiphanies, even if these occurred after the fact--even much later, perhaps!

I will choose my mom from the previous assignment as the person ill write aobut. She always reminds me to do my homework and it can get annoying. However in recent years probably about 5-6 years now she doesn’t tell me anything but I remember when I was in elementary and middle school she use to remind me to do homework often. I remember one time I was forced to do some extra homework that wasn tnecessary for school just extra practice and I hated it so much I just sat there playing with the eraser and after a while the eraser was really worn down because I kept breaking it into pieces and throwing it everywhere. I used to have to complete extra homework assigned by my mom before second grade after that I just did the school work that was assigned by school. I think that helped me because early in my school years when the material was simple I was able to pick up that information fast. Now it hink school is getting harder and harder but I still try hard to do my work. Everyone has responsibilities. When you go to school you have to study and do your work. When you go to work you have to do the work your boss assigns. Eventhough you may not like doing these things they are necessary. For example, you have to go to work even if you don’t like it because you need the money to support yourself or your family. Nothing is free. I thik that there are exhcnages you must make. If you play a lot in high school and don’t do anything then you probably will suffer for it in the future with a bad job. if you work hard now in school, then hopefully you will have more choices and a better job. Ideally this is what everyone thinks happens, but a lot of times reality is different than this. Eventhough you go to school and did your part, you may not get a good job or everything you want. That’s why I think everyone should just try their best and be a nice person and hopefully good things will happen. Not everything goes the way you want in life you just have to make the most of it and be kind to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment